RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT CENTRE
HCSA Dayspring Residential Treatment Centre offers a caring, safe and therapeutic environment to help teenage girls who have suffered the complex trauma of physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Through the application of effective clinical therapies, the centre strives to help these girls become healthy individuals who can successfully reintegrate into their schools, families and society.
In 2017, Dayspring Residential Treatment Centre successfully upgraded its quality of care by transiting to a Therapeutic Group Home service model for older girls with high needs and risks. The model consists of two evidence-based practices namely Trauma Systems Therapy (TST) and Residential Management System (RMS).
The Residential Management System (RMS) builds on the foundation of the Therapeutic Millieu implemented in the centre since it began operations in 2011.
The service model consists of two evidence-based practices used in residential treatment centres, namely Trauma Systems Therapy (TST) and Positive Behaviour Interventions and Supports (PBIS).
Trauma Systems Therapy (TST)
- Help the child gain control over emotional and behavioural responses.
- Diminish ongoing stresses and threats in the social environment.
- Build the capacity of significant others in the child’s environment to help the child gain control of emotional and behavioural responses.
Positive Behaviour Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
- Structured Environment
- Emotion Regulation Development
- Positive Behaviour Support
- Safety Management